What is This?

Sidney First's journey toward understanding the heart of God for trafficked children and women.

READER INPUT

⊆ 8:18 PM by Dan | ˜ 2 comments »

Hello blog readers. There are about 50 of you a day and I know you're out there, so no ignoring this.

I want to try something. In an effort to help our team continue to process our week I would like you to each read through the posts thus far (as incomplete as they are) and comment back to us what words/phrases/heart stirrings do you hear?

I'll grab them all after a day or 2 and post them as their own entry.

Thanks


2 Responses to READER INPUT

  1. Just Jon Says:
    Confession time: I have become wary of short term mission trips because often they become about us, wealthy North Americans, giving something to those who are not so wealthy. We are in the power position. Or they can become a vacation with nothing changed upon returning home (where there is great need also).
    What I love about this Tijuana story is that a relationship has developed. The dynamics of power have shifted and those of Sidney First have been pulled into this strange world. I keep wondering what God has in store for you, for them, for those not even in the picture yet. You have seen and now it's impossible to "unsee." What may have started off a few years ago as a short-term missions trip (kronos=time we keep, like a calender) has birthed something new (kairos=the appointed time). God has breathed life into this situation and the Spirit continues to move...I can't wait to see where the Spirit moves next.
  2. Marilyn Says:
    I've been meaning to re-read and reply. I can't re-read right now, but the words and phrases I recall sticking out the first time I read the posts were:
    faith, grace, control, hopelessness, hope, Holy Spirit, miracle, frustration (I don't remember seeing the word, but sensed that you felt it. I know I did).

= Leave a Reply