What is This?

Sidney First's journey toward understanding the heart of God for trafficked children and women.

Wash Me Clean

⊆ 10:47 AM by Dan | ˜ 0 comments »

If you know me well, you know that I love Pearl Jam. Sure, that admission labels and dates me but I have always found myself draw to passionate music of all sorts. And when PJ builds in their songs, they take me somewhere.

This morning was the first morning that I awoke to completely cloudy skies in over a week. It almost felt like the sky wanted to rain but that the ground was repelling it like 2 magnets with similar poles facing each other.

As I walked across the courtyard to the shower, I prayed for rain. I have been asking God to restore, to wash, to make clean things and people and homes and cities that have been polluted. Rain also brings new life. My heart needs that this morning as does this city.

PJ wrote an oscure song years ago that says it well for me. I love that it ends with him screaming, "wash my love." Above all else, God, may my love be clean of my pride, my self and my motives. Let it rain.

WASH by Pearl Jam

Oh please let it rain today.
This city is so filthy, like my mind in ways.
Oh, there was a time, like a clean, new taste...
Smiling eyes before me, inches from my face.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.

Sin to sell, buying just a need.
Just who planted all the devils seeds?
And what the truth, the truth that lies at home...
It's on the inside, and I can't get it off.

Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.

What's clean is pure, but hey,
I'm white on the outside, though I stray...
What she don't know today might kill us both tomorrow.
Bring it back someway...bring it back, bring it back...
Back to the clean form, to the pure form.

Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.
Wash my love.


0 Responses to Wash Me Clean

= Leave a Reply